Salas Minor Emergency Center performs drug and alcohol testing using the Department of Transportation (DOT) Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations to address both the daily and unusual drug testing circumstances, to ensure accuracy and consistency for all clients.
The following is a list of services we provide.
Random and pre-employment drug screens are done M-F 8am to 7pm and S-S 10am to 4pm.
- 24 hour coverage
- On site drug and alcohol testing (urine, hair), pulmonary function tests,TB skin tests, Hair Follicle testing, DNA and Audiograms
- Consortium management for DOT
- Random drug testing / negative results available immediately
Highlights that make Salas Minor Emergency Center excel above the rest.
- Lab testing results available within 24 hours
- 9 certified drug screen collectors
- 3 certified breath alcohol technicians
- No waiting for testing
- No appointment needed
- Tractor Trailer parking
Salas Minor Emergency Center can assist your company with random drug and alcohol testing. All that is required from your company is an updated employee list for quarterly random selection. This includes deleting terminated and other non-eligible/non-covered employees from the random pool. We will take the sole responsibility of the selection process and will notify the designated employer representative of the employee selection list. A few pointers that will insure your company is DOT compliant and/or compliant with your company drug policy are as follows:
- Maintain separate random list for DOT and Non-DOT employees.
- Test all employees selected for random testing within the quarter chosen.
Your company’s supervisors and managers can provide valuable support in introducing and carrying out a drug-free workplace program. They cannot do it alone, however; they will need guidance, direction, and a support system in place. Salas Minor Emergency Center will provide your management staff with information in the following areas:
- The legal aspects of drug testing.
- Workplace drug use statistics.
- Signs and symptoms of drug use.
- Reasonable Cause / Reasonable suspicion protocol.
- Effectively dealing with difficult situations.
- The role of supervisors and managers.
- Drug-Free workplace standards.
- Underlined Benefits of testing.
- Employee’s Personal Health and Safety.
- Manifestations and Behavioral Cures of drug use.
- Documentation and Training.
All of our providers are certified DOT Medical Examiners that are nationally registered to complete the Medical Examination Report For Commercial Driver Fitness Determination form (DOT Physical).
DNA Paternity Testing
Paternity Testing simply means establishing fatherhood. Everyone is born with a unique genetic blueprint known as DNA (DeoxyriboNucleic Acid). DNA paternity testing is a conclusive way to determine paternity because DNA is passed down from the mother and father to a child.
Our primary focus is ensuring that our clients achieve peace of mind as we assist them throughout the paternity test process. SMEC delivers technology and services that makes the paternity testing process as simple and stress-free as possible, including using a painless mouth swab (buccal swab) for collection instead of drawing blood.
We understand the impact that our test results have on a family’s life and waiting for results can be stressful. You want the results to be fast, accurate and on time. It’s that simple.
Our Occupational health manager is DATIA(Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association) certified. Our Occupational Health Manager and her staff have over 15 years combined experience in drug and alcohol testing. We have an onsite Medical Review Officer that can resolve most tests within 24 hours. We are currently working with 5 labs for testing, and have a in house instant testing service as well.
1655 NE Loop 286, Paris, TX 75460
M-F: 8am – 8pm
S-S: 10am – 5pm